Cookies and Other Similar Technologies
A cookie is a small data file that is placed on your computer or mobile device by your web browser. Basically, it is a tool that stores information about website visits, recognizes you and your preferences each time you visit the Website, and ensures website functionality and enables us to provide the Service which our customers request.
- You may encounter cookies from our third party service providers, that we have allowed on our Website that assist us with various aspects of our Website operations and services, such as Google Analytics (more on such cookies below).
- You also may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorized. For example, if you view a web page posted as a link from our Website, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.
We use various types of cookies, including session cookies, persistent cookies, local shared objects, pixels, gifs and other tracking technologies, such as third party tags, session and persistent technologies, first and third-party cookies. Cookies can be persistent by remaining on your computer until you delete them or be based on your browsing session where they delete once you close your browser. First party cookies are used and controlled by us to provide services on the Website.
2. Cookies used on Charzing Website
2.1 The cookies Charzing uses
- Strictly necessary cookies: these are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features. Without these cookies, the Services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: these cookies are used to improve how our Website works. They collect information about how users use our Website, for instance which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow us to remember what choices you make (such as your username, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
2.2 Third Party Analytics, and advertising and marketing cookies
This Website uses Google Analytics, operated by Google, Inc., to collect information about how users use the Website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. As IP-anonymization is activated, your IP address will be anonymised as soon as technically feasible at the earliest possible stage of the collection network. Also it will only be partially used within the European Union or just in the European Economic Area if it is used by other parties. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the United States, and then shortened so it is only partially used there.
Alternatively, you can opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics in the future by clicking on the following link: Click here to opt-out of Google Analytics.
For comparable purposes, this Website also uses Mixpanel, operated by Mixpanel, Inc. Mixpanel uses the same principal technologies as Google Analytics (in particular one or more Mixpanel cookies) and also provides us with web analytics reports that allow us to better understand our users’ use of the Website and the Service. Mixpanel is EU-U.S. Privacy Shield self-certified and has provided additional safeguards through their Data Processing Addendum. For further information on privacy at Mixpanel go to https://mixpanel.com/privacy/. If you wish to opt-out from being tracked by Mixpanel you can do so here: https://mixpanel.com/optout/.
Other analytics services
Like Google Analytics and Mixpanel, the other third-party web analytics services that we may use also collect and analyse certain data relating to your use of the Website. Such data can include aspects like where (using location data) and when use the Website, what features of the Website and the Service thereon you use, how quickly the Website responds to your requests etc. Like Google and Mixpanel, the analytics providers will use this data in an aggregate fashion to provide us with the results of the conducted analyses and corresponding reports. We use the analyses and reports to continuously optimise the Website and the Service for you.
Certain other third party tools that we use are essential to the service we provide for you. For example, we use tools that allows us to provide better intrusion malware detection, more effective debugging and other support services though receiving and analysing certain data from your browser and your use of the Website.
Also, we may from time to time use third-party advertising services to promote our products and services. When you use the Website, those services may set and read cookies and other information on your browser to measure the effectiveness of our ad campaigns. We may also use that information to target ads to you using those services.
3. How to manage the cookies
You may control and block the cookies used by the Website by modifying the settings in your browser or on your device that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser or device settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website.
In addition to the Google Analytics and Mixpanel opt-outs described above and other similarly functioning opt-out options of the other services and tools we may use, you can opt-out of having the services and tools above gather and analyse data generated by you and your browser for targeted advertising by taking the following measures:
- For Google users: You can deactivate targeted advertisements by using the corresponding settings in your Google account.
- For everyone: For more information how cookies can be managed and deleted please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/, http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or youronlinechoices.com. The latter two offer a large variety of opt-out options in one central hub.